TR-Grid | High Performance and Grid Computing Center
ULAKBIM leads and coordinates the activities of national research communities in high performance computing towards a Turkish Grid, representing the TR-Grid National Grid Initiative in regional and global grid projects, deploying the Turkish National Grid e-infrastructure.
ULAKBIM High Performance and Grid Computing Center is a national HPC center aiming to provide computing environment to the research groups from all over the country and also to coordinate National Grid Initiative (TR-Grid NGI) in Turkey. As well as coordinating the NGI, the Center has designed and built the national grid infrastructure with also developing services and tools when and where it is needed. TR-Grid has become a key partner in regional grid projects and EGEE with experienced personnel and sustainable infrastructure.
1. Setup, operate and improve the high performance and grid computing infrastructure (TR-Grid) of Turkey.
2. Lead and coordinate the activities of independent research communities in high performance and grid computing.
3. Participate national and international research e-infrastructure projects to provide the sustainability of TR-Grid via representing National Grid Initiative of Turkey
4. Support the development of grid and high performance applications having high level scientific and social impacts
5. Organize meetings, workshops and trainings to disseminate Grid and HPC awareness and expand user community through the country
TR-Grid CERTIFICATION AUTHORITY (TR-Grid CA)
Accredited in September 2005 by European Policy Management Authority for Grid Authentication in e-Science (EUGridPMA), Certification Authority of National Grid Initiative of Turkey (TR-Grid CA) is a member of EUGridPMA and root anchors are registered with the TERENA Academic CA Repository (TACAR). It provides x509 v3 user and host certificates to the Turkish research and education communities.
Certificates issued by the TR-Grid CA are valid if they are in the context of academic research and educational activities.
The TR-GRID CA takes complete responsibility for the following subjects:
• considering certificate requests and issuing new certificates
• publication of certificates
• revocation of the invalid certificates
• periodical publication of Certificate Revocation Lists (CRLs)
• procedures related to certificate renewals
• ensuring that all CA activities are performed under the rules and procedures specified in CP/CPS document.
TR-Grid NGI Advisory Board
TR-Grid NGI is managed by TR-Grid Advisory Board (TR-Grid AB) constituted Management Board of ULAKBIM. TR-Grid AB is responsible for the management and improvement of TR-Grid NGI through the proper policies. The board consists of members from universities, governmental institutions and some departments from TUBITAK. The objectives of TR-Grid AB are given below:
TR-Grid Advisory Board Objectives
• Determine the tasks, goals and strategies for TR-Grid National Grid Initiative (TR-Grid NGI).
• Represent TR-Grid NGI in both national and international projects and activities.
• Reccomend the proper policies to the policy makers in order to provide sustainabilty of national e-Infrastructures.
For more information about TR-Grid NGI and e-infrastructure please visit TR-Grid Web site